Thursday 1 April 2010

weather, walk and party

The weather is not what Easter should be. I went out this morning to put something on the washing line, and it was so cold and windy - but when I came back into my lovely toasty kitchen, I just felt "fine and frisky" as Laura Ingalls said in Plum Creek.

Went for a walk with a friend, the dogs and all the children, blew the cares of the morning away and saw some not very small anymore lambs.

Johns 2nd B'day party. Lots of people who I knew- unexpectedly. A real simple afternoon - cucumber triangle sandwiches and Granny's chocolate cake. The best bit...being told on the invite" no presents thanks" - and because of that, taking the time and effort to make a card. His mum and dad were so happy at that little homemade effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment