Thursday 11 March 2010

new shoes, new butchers and a family lunch

M's shoes, bought last week have been hurting her. We were brave and took them back to the store where we had had them fitted. The lady could not have been nicer and more helpful. We left with a replacement pair of perfectly fitting bright pink beauties that M says she "just loves".

After the shoe shop I spotted a butchers shop I had not seen before and so popped in asking for minced beef. After carefully enquiring how many I was cooking for and how big their appetites were, the lovely man in a spotless red striped apron minced me a pound of beef using a hand held mincer on this butchers block. I felt like I had stepped back in time. This is how shopping should be.

The children and I had our main meal at lunchtime all together. I love sitting down and eating with my family. We watch the birds at the bird table by our window and chatter about the mornings activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment